What do you use for Antennas?

Share your secrets, show us an in progress photo, or do a follow along build.
CCFR-45

What do you use for Antennas?

Post by CCFR-45 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:01 pm

Hey Guys,

Just just like the title says, Looking for suggestions on what to use for antennas. I'm running low on the FRR stock of antenna's I had, so I'm looking for replacement ideas. I mostly build police cars in 1/24th and 1/43rd.

Thanks for the help!
Steven

Check Out My Photography Website Full of Police, Fire, And Aviation Pictures.
www.bluefireflight.com

Rich
Site Admin

Re: What do you use for Antennas?

Post by Rich » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:04 pm

I use the bristles from a large paint brush. I found the biggest one I could, and I cut the bristles off a few at a time. I paint them either black or silver with rattle cans. In 1:43 scale, you can get multiple lengths from one bristle. They are not always round, but give the illusion that they are. I insert the bristle in to a small piece of wire insulation. I found a cable in an old computer that had a bundle of black wires I saved it and strip the insulation off the wire when I need it. The insulation is the size of the hole I drill, maybe a touch smaller. Once you glue the bristle in to the insulation, you can just push it in to the hole you drilled. Most of the time, you dont have to glue the antenna.
Administrator

CCFR-45

Re: What do you use for Antennas?

Post by CCFR-45 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:54 pm

Rich,

Thanks for the information. That's a great idea that I would have never thought about.
Steven

Check Out My Photography Website Full of Police, Fire, And Aviation Pictures.
www.bluefireflight.com