1/64 Pierce Dash CF Tower Ladder Build Along

Share your secrets, show us an in progress photo, or do a follow along build.
Chariots of Fire

Re: 1/64 Pierce Dash CF Tower Ladder Build Along

Post by Chariots of Fire » Sun May 10, 2020 1:26 am

Looking at the white cab above what I would do would be to make a plug that would fit right into the windshield opening from the outside. Leave it just a bit small so that the clear plastic would be flush with the outside of the cab. You could build up the plug using a block of wood, sanding the corners round to fit the cab contours. This plug could then be used as the buck for the clear. Once the buck is made I'd paint it and make it as smooth as I could. This way there will be no imperfections in the clear plastic as it forms. I'll send you an e-mail.

M1968Q

Post by M1968Q » Sun May 10, 2020 1:35 am

These will be the last in-progress photos as the model is just about finished. The 3D Enforcer cab is not quite as long as the Lance cab that came on the Code 3 model that I started this project with. As I like to re-use C3 chassis whenever possible on my 3D conversions, some cutting was necessary to shorten the chassis a little more than 1/8 of an inch. Some additional filing of the chassis was necessary so that the 3D cab would rest properly on it. I use square brass hollow rods to reinforce the two chassis pieces when I join them back together. The first photo shows what this looks like. I cut them long enough so that they span both chassis pieces - this gives it the strength it needs not to buckle at the seam. The second photo shows the cab and chassis re-joined, and the third photo shows the completed decal work. I hope to have it done within the next day or two, so keep an eye out for it in the Fire Modeling section. :)
Chassis.jpg
Chassis.jpg (277.73 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
LF_0420.jpg
LF_0420.jpg (290.68 KiB) Viewed 3041 times
LF_050620.jpg
LF_050620.jpg (374.24 KiB) Viewed 3041 times

JoeO

Post by JoeO » Sun May 10, 2020 11:07 am

Great idea