Florida Marine Patrol

Showcase and discuss police related models here.
Sirentoys

Re: Florida Marine Patrol

Post by Sirentoys » Sat May 29, 2021 1:21 pm

Man that’s a tough one. So close to the finish line. But i admire how you jumped right in. When this happens to me I usually pout and throw a tantrum and set it aside for a while.

scubaski

Post by scubaski » Sun May 30, 2021 4:56 pm

Rich, been there more times than I can count. It's a shame. It was looking really good as usual. At least the paint didn't orange peel on you. When I was making the Florida Green and whites I had that problem a couple of times before I switched paints

Rich
Site Admin

Post by Rich » Mon May 31, 2021 3:58 pm

Its aggravating and I am sure some words came out of my mouth that were not in the English dictionary. But with the amount of custom models I do, I just keep moving on the projects. I get sidetracked too easy as it is. Charlie, I normally use white glue, but left the cap off and it got hard. I didn't feel like going to get more. Lesson learned. Here it is stripped, and new roof hole plugs in. I use round Evergreen rod, a bit larger in diameter than the holes. I file off the ends to a point. Then I glue the end of the rod, and twist in to the hole. I find its best to grip the rod with grooved pliers so it does not slip while twisting. I put a drop of super glue on the inside as well. When the glue is dry, I cut it flush, then finish off with glazing putty and sanding. I have never had a hole plug fail doing this.
Attachments
FMP Monaco 5.JPG
FMP Monaco 5.JPG (95.26 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
Administrator

Rich
Site Admin

Post by Rich » Mon May 31, 2021 4:01 pm

And back to paint. I use automotive paint, base coat/clear coat. Its dry, but I will leave it for a day or so longer.
Attachments
FMP Monaco 6.JPG
FMP Monaco 6.JPG (94.77 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
Administrator