Pennsylvania State Police Bronco

Showcase and discuss police related models here.
Sirentoys

Pennsylvania State Police Bronco

Post by Sirentoys » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:56 am

Another Fictional model from my mad mind. But what is one to do when you have 200 sets of decals and the agency used the same car for close to 15 years?

Ford Bronco circa 1992
The Greenlight model was disassembled and wiped of most markings. Decals were added to depict a unit from the Bradford barracks. Possible for them as they are in the snow belt and patrol a lot of state parks and national forest. Plus the Broncos were in service with a wide range of PA State agencies.

The interior was painted flat black and the wheels got dull coat to remove the chrome shine. The light bar was stripped and repainted to match the correct PA color set up. The roof was glued in place mainly because i was tired of it falling off.

I am usually critical of my builds but I am pretty happy with the way this one came out. I've been trying to push myself to work on the details to add a bit more to the model.

As for the Greenlight Bronco, here is my take:

It is a pretty good casting and I am happy to have it. But as I said they need to figure out how to get the rear cap to stay on. The wheels are too wide as I think they scale out about twice the actual width. I found out the hard way the Vector bar on this is different than previous releases in that the mounting posts are in slightly different locations and the pods are a bit more square. ( I did use an older one and modified to fit. And I misplaced the original. ) I would rather clear rear lens instead of a multipiece interior. As I said it is a nice casting. Plus GL has several different parts pieces to configure it in different ways between wheels, bumpers, running boards etc. I will have some fun with this one and still stay in my PA State agency range.
Attachments
IMGP1650A.jpg
IMGP1650A.jpg (207.13 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
IMGP1651B.jpg
IMGP1651B.jpg (201.34 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
IMGP1652C.jpg
IMGP1652C.jpg (191.88 KiB) Viewed 1419 times

Rich
Site Admin

Re: Pennsylvania State Police Bronco

Post by Rich » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:05 pm

Nothing wrong with this Jeff. Looks good.
Administrator

Sirentoys

Post by Sirentoys » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:38 pm

Rich wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:05 pm
Nothing wrong with this Jeff. Looks good.
Thanks. I had fun with this one.

pjsparky

Post by pjsparky » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:20 pm

Always enjoy seeing your custom PA builds Jeff!