1/43 San Diego Police Ford SUV

Showcase and discuss police related models here.
Troy

1/43 San Diego Police Ford SUV

Post by Troy » Sat May 09, 2020 2:06 am

I used one of the First Response Replicas to create this model of my SUV. I added the backdrop of the old San Diego Police headquarters to give it some depth. Did I fool you? It's actually my real life SUV and I used tilt-shift photography to make it look "toy like." Unfortunately all of my hobby stuff is packed up pending my upcoming retirement and moving to Arizona. We sold my house here last year to bank all the money and build our dream home in Prescott, AZ. The wife and I are in a nice rental house now, but just don't have the room to spread out my collection and work on the hobby. So, in the mean time I'm practicing my other hobby of photography. I know I don't post much but I'm always here and I miss my friends out there. Lets keep it going for years to come. I hope you like the photo even though it isn't a real model. :)
Attachments
IMG_5857 - Copy.jpg
IMG_5857 - Copy.jpg (209.38 KiB) Viewed 1591 times

M1968Q

Re: 1/43 San Diego Police Ford SUV

Post by M1968Q » Sat May 09, 2020 2:25 pm

Excellent photography work Troy! The only thing that gave me any clue that this wasn't a model is that it's a second generation PI Utility, which hasn't been produced in scale. Other than that, you'd never know. :) Congratulations on your upcoming retirement and move - hopefully you built yourself a great hobby room. :)

CCFR-45

Re: 1/43 San Diego Police Ford SUV

Post by CCFR-45 » Sat May 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Great looking picture! Impressive.

Congrats on the upcoming retirement and custom home!
Steven

Check Out My Photography Website Full of Police, Fire, And Aviation Pictures.
www.bluefireflight.com