Another layer job

Showcase and discuss police related models here.
Rich
Site Admin

Another layer job

Post by Rich » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:00 pm

There was a lot of talk when the NYPD introduced some pride units. They have done two now, one for 2017 and one for 2018, that I have good photos of. There are more, including a Suburban but printing constraints on that one keep it on the back burner. Its a standard FRR Tahoe. I removed the black tampo printing for the door handles. The wheels are from a Hot Wheels 1:43 scale hot rod Ford truck. They are a really good match for the real wheels on the NYPD Tahoe. The door and rear NYPD shield logos, are 3 decals each. A color background, white over that for the shield, and the shield with the yellow removed. The bottom blue, pink and white stripe is layered. The pink is a separate decal. Each blue stripe is a separate decal, and the white as well, going down over the pink. I had hoped Microscale would be able to print the rainbow stripe without any sort of outline showing, and they did. It took me a long time to register the stripes, and make exact .005 trappings. Each rainbow decal had to be trapped that way. I see a lot of comments over the years about these vehicles, but have never seen anyone accurately represent one in miniature. Because its time consuming and tedious, I take a break after each section. Right now, just the driver side and hood are finished. I will be stuck for a decent Vision SLR lightbar when I am done with it. I am looking at having one injection molded, but that is quite expensive.
Attachments
NYPD rainbow Tahoe 1.JPG
NYPD rainbow Tahoe 1.JPG (188.86 KiB) Viewed 2315 times
Administrator

JoeO

Re: Another layer job

Post by JoeO » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:58 pm

That is just a great looking piece, with a lot of work in it.

Hazmat

Re: Another layer job

Post by Hazmat » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:51 pm

„another layer job“.....another winner🤩 perfect job, awesome!!!