Miami Dade command post

Showcase and discuss all fire related models, stations, dioramas.
Rich
Site Admin

Miami Dade command post

Post by Rich » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:01 pm

Not a real unit, I wanted to see how this 1:64 scale Prevost bus would look in Miami Dade colors. The bus was stripped, and painted with automotive paint. The black windows on the upper section are paint, just as the models come, but I modified the look a little bit. The side door windows and front windshield are decals. I used decals from my Miami Dade sheet, and plenty of LED's from my 1:64 scale LED sheet. I ran the Prevost decals for another project, and didn't run this version's headlights. So they are on an upcoming run. Prevost offers two types of bus models on their site. If you are going to repaint them, they do offer certain versions on sale quite often. They are a very simple model. The green painted section is diecast. The roof is plastic. There are two metal plates inside that are screwed to the mounting plate. They give it a heavy feel. The only other parts are the mirrors. This version comes with chrome mirrors. But I wanted black so used the mirrors from another version. The roof communications gear is a Matchbox TV truck with the roof cut off the body and modified to fit on the roof of the Prevost. I painted it aluminum, and detailed the little doo dads engraved on it. The dishes got painted Tamiya surface primer gray. I used the slam lock decals from my Hallmark ambulance sheet, instead of the Prevost door latches. I am quite pleased with the results. Happy New Year.
Attachments
Miami Dade Prevost 1.JPG
Miami Dade Prevost 1.JPG (102.04 KiB) Viewed 5685 times
Miami Dade Prevost 2.JPG
Miami Dade Prevost 2.JPG (98.59 KiB) Viewed 5685 times
Miami Dade Prevost 3.JPG
Miami Dade Prevost 3.JPG (133.05 KiB) Viewed 5685 times
Miami Dade Prevost 4.JPG
Miami Dade Prevost 4.JPG (148.08 KiB) Viewed 5685 times
Administrator

swatlapd

Re: Miami Dade command post

Post by swatlapd » Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:46 pm

Beautiful

Chariots of Fire

Post by Chariots of Fire » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:05 pm

Nice clean work! A different piece of equipment for sure!

scubaski

Post by scubaski » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:57 am

Nice