LAPD - Greenlight.

Discuss all fire, police, station, emergency vehicle collecting.
Mark B

LAPD - Greenlight.

Post by Mark B » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:13 am

Well gents it appears one of the most elusive licenses known to diecast companies has been won by Greenlight. The Los Angeles Police Department. They have already announced two models bearing the classic world known police departments markings. The first one will be that of the the 77 Plymouth Fury in 1/24 scale. They have released the art work for this model and the model will come with the classic soup cans. The only issue is the soup can lights and siren are pictured in the middle of the roof instead of where the lights were more effective at the front of the roof. There is little doubt this will be fixed up when the model is released. This is one line I hope they expand to all their castings as they have done with their NYPD license.

Rich
Site Admin

Re: LAPD - Greenlight.

Post by Rich » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:19 pm

I wonder if they were using photos of the Adam 12 film car. The can lights and siren speaker were closer to the center of the roof?
Administrator

CCFR-45

Post by CCFR-45 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:37 pm

That's an interesting update.

Thanks for sharing.
Steven

Check Out My Photography Website Full of Police, Fire, And Aviation Pictures.
www.bluefireflight.com

Mark B

Post by Mark B » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:28 am

Not certain about Adam 12 Rich. All the shots and footage I have seen of the Belvedere, Matador, Plymouth etc on the show were accurate including the soup cans and sirens positions. Of all the photos of either historical shot or restored versions of the LAPD squads the lights and sirens are mounted towards the front of the car from that era. It no doubt took a lot of hard work and resources for Greenlight to acquire these licensing rights. They need to ensure their product is top notch and accurate as possible to justify the effort and cost they have gone through in order to sell as many of these LAPD replicas as they can. Fingers crossed.

Mark B

Post by Mark B » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:08 am

A few more LAPD models have been announced. A 1/64 81 Impala, 1/64 2017 Ford Interceptor from their Bomb Squad and a 1/64 Mounted Unit Chevy C20 with horse float.