New ambulance from Greenlight

Discuss all fire, police, station, emergency vehicle collecting.
Rich
Site Admin

New ambulance from Greenlight

Post by Rich » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:02 pm

Greenlight is doing an all new tooling of an ambulance box in 1:64 scale. It appears to be a copy of the Code 3, minus all the separate parts. Its almost 30 years old, but still can make for some nice bashing. Expected to retail at $9.99. Available next year.
Attachments
Greenlight ambo 1.jpg
Greenlight ambo 1.jpg (240.14 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
Greenlight ambo 2.jpg
Greenlight ambo 2.jpg (224.78 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
Administrator

Sirentoys

Re: New ambulance from Greenlight

Post by Sirentoys » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:59 am

The more I look at at this the less I think it is a copy of the Code 3 but more it is just the same generation standard FDNY box. I am sure they took their inspiration from the popularity and so many saying we need more ambulances. But I think their laziness was just like, when what truck cab can we throw an ambulance box on.

I do find it an odd choice. Because outside of 4 maybe 5 versions of the FDNY/NYC EMS it instantly becomes protypically incorrect. I wonder if they are ready for the onslaught of criticism they will get. We all remember the C3 boards. Boston EMS anyone? Personally I would have preferred either an update their current box or a new modern generic one.

Rich
Site Admin

Post by Rich » Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:50 pm

I have gone over the photos a ton, and notice that every detail on the Code 3 box, is on the Greenlight. But all the separate parts are not molded in. The reason I think its been copied, is the side entry door. I always thought on the Code 3, that it was too wide. Its been carried over to the Greenlight. It would have been pretty easy for them to box up a Code 3 and send it to their factory and tell them "make this box, as cheap as you can". All the little things Code 3 did to make it specific to the first ambulance they did, carries over to the Greenlight. Like the little clearance lights on the front of the box, and the door holders on the rear. However, there are also some subtle differences. The most obvious, are the slam locks. Different shape than the Code 3, and more of them. Code 3 left them off of the rear cabinets. There also appears to be diamond plate on the scuff panels on the front lower portion of the box. That was smooth on the Code 3. We wont know on the actual dimensions, until we get one in our hands.
Administrator

CCFR-45

Post by CCFR-45 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:42 am

Interesting release. Would be nice for bashing for sure.

Thanks for sharing Rich.
Steven

Check Out My Photography Website Full of Police, Fire, And Aviation Pictures.
www.bluefireflight.com