Crown from Fire Replicas

Discuss all fire, police, station, emergency vehicle collecting.
JoeO

Crown from Fire Replicas

Post by JoeO » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:38 pm

This will be released Friday August 26 at noon eastern
Attachments
1A36FDF8-C366-4836-86F4-43B4AC625D25.jpeg
1A36FDF8-C366-4836-86F4-43B4AC625D25.jpeg (72.53 KiB) Viewed 2324 times

Lieutenant146

Re: Crown from Fire Replicas

Post by Lieutenant146 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:38 pm

& will be sold out by 12:12 eastern. ;-)
Retired 2/27/2021 after 32 years & 2 months on the job. 91 years combined between my grandfather, father, and me.

Winchar

Post by Winchar » Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:03 pm

A day later and still not sold out. I wonder how many were in the production run. This may be a good thing for the collectors who can't afford one right now, but may be able to in the near future. It would be nice if Fire Replicas kept this model along with the WLF always in stock as new collectors join the hobby. I know this is not a profitable business model from FR's perspective as many collectors look at their collections as investments and not as just for enjoyment. Anyways, thanks to FR for producing what appears to be another five star model for collectors.

Sirentoys

Post by Sirentoys » Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:00 pm

Winchar wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:03 pm
A day later and still not sold out. I wonder how many were in the production run. This may be a good thing for the collectors who can't afford one right now, but may be able to in the near future. It would be nice if Fire Replicas kept this model along with the WLF always in stock as new collectors join the hobby. I know this is not a profitable business model from FR's perspective as many collectors look at their collections as investments and not as just for enjoyment. Anyways, thanks to FR for producing what appears to be another five star model for collectors.
I’m sure they ran more of these than the First Ward run. As for an open run, I am not sure there are enough collectors out there to keep buying them long term. Or to use as customs like Code 3. But in reality selling more would be a more profitable venture for FR since they get more cash. The after market doesn’t help FR make money other than it may help them sell out faster for some models.

I got mine. And I will probably one of the few to remove it from the package/base to display.

Winchar

Post by Winchar » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:54 am

Sirentoys wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:00 pm
Winchar wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:03 pm
"I’m sure they ran more of these than the First Ward run. As for an open run, I am not sure there are enough collectors out there to keep buying them long term. Or to use as customs like Code 3. But in reality selling more would be a more profitable venture for FR since they get more cash. The after market doesn’t help FR make money other than it may help them sell out faster for some models."

I got mine. And I will probably one of the few to remove it from the package/base to display.
I agree with you. Now, when is FR going to release LA Squad 8 from the old Jim Davis series Rescue 8? I'm old enough to remember watching it when it first came on the air. I'm sure many on here are probably wondering what I'm talking about and I really wouldn't expect FR to ever do one. There's not enough of us old ones left to appreciate the model.

Sirentoys

Post by Sirentoys » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:59 am

Winchar wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:54 am

I agree with you. Now, when is FR going to release LA Squad 8 from the old Jim Davis series Rescue 8? I'm old enough to remember watching it when it first came on the air. I'm sure many on here are probably wondering what I'm talking about and I really wouldn't expect FR to ever do one. There's not enough of us old ones left to appreciate the model.
Not old enough to remember Rescue 8. But I did get to meet the man James Page and his replica years ago.
Attachments
LosAngelesCo CA R11 Page.jpg
LosAngelesCo CA R11 Page.jpg (109.44 KiB) Viewed 2107 times

Winchar

Post by Winchar » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:43 am

Here's a picture of the squad that was used on the TV series. I believe it was a GMC or maybe a Chevy Suburban. The show ran from 1958 - 1960 and had 74 episodes. Many actors started their careers on this show and other shows like this, including Richard Chamberlain and Robert Redford. Check out the listing for the cast on the IMDB.com data base. It's pretty impressive.

[[img][attachment=0]RESCUE_8_1024x1024.jpg[/attachment
Attachments
RESCUE_8_1024x1024.jpg
RESCUE_8_1024x1024.jpg (31.94 KiB) Viewed 2103 times