GL Jumped The Shark?

Discuss all fire, police, station, emergency vehicle collecting.
Mark B

Re: GL Jumped The Shark?

Post by Mark B » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:57 am

Jeff, you are the one who is wrong. RC line was a mix of already established muscle car and SUV castings with authentic markings. It was a terrible effort by RC and they failed miserable. Johnny Lightning we’re on the right track from the start. Authentic police car models, but a change in ownership of the company saw the line dropped after only a hand full of release when they were just about to step up. They failed miserably.
Your constant whining about what is out there from GL reminds me of Lee Woods and his constant whining about First Response back in the day.
Have a nice day.

Sirentoys

Post by Sirentoys » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:33 pm

Mark B wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:57 am
Jeff, you are the one who is wrong. RC line was a mix of already established muscle car and SUV castings with authentic markings. It was a terrible effort by RC and they failed miserable. Johnny Lightning we’re on the right track from the start. Authentic police car models, but a change in ownership of the company saw the line dropped after only a hand full of release when they were just about to step up. They failed miserably.
Your constant whining about what is out there from GL reminds me of Lee Woods and his constant whining about First Response back in the day.
Have a nice day.
Alrighty then.

jlemler

Post by jlemler » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:42 pm

I am not sure were the hostility came from. I was basically stating that a lot of people nit-picked Code 3 and now they are gone. I for one still wish they were here. The nitpicking of GL may lead to the same end. I never mentioned RC or Johnny lighting in my post. So I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Sirentoys

Post by Sirentoys » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:35 am

jlemler wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:42 pm
I am not sure were the hostility came from. I was basically stating that a lot of people nit-picked Code 3 and now they are gone. I for one still wish they were here. The nitpicking of GL may lead to the same end. I never mentioned RC or Johnny lighting in my post. So I am sorry if I offended anyone.
It was directed at me not you. Apparently asking if a company that once made good models and now makes less good ones, steals modeler’s ideas and dismisses any input from collectors and experts is frowned upon. We all have our own parameters and opinions, they are not always in lock step with each other. Asking or hoping a company will do better is not all that far fetched. I am not sure I nit pick on GL. But I may and not realize it.

I’d say this horse is dead and we should no longer beat it.