Hello Again from Aust

Discuss all fire, police, station, emergency vehicle collecting.
Mark B

Hello Again from Aust

Post by Mark B » Tue May 18, 2021 10:48 am

It has been a long time since I have contributed to the boards. Still love the collecting of police cars and read the forum regularly. Great to see Jeff, Troy Joeo and especially Rich Krom going strong.
Great to see Troy has retired and moved to Arizona.
Just an FYI for collectors check out top gear.com.au in Australia. The site deals with 1/43 cars and there are a few surprises. Be warned though they are not cheap.
Looking forward to more posts in the future.
Mark B
Australia.

Rich
Site Admin

Re: Hello Again from Aust

Post by Rich » Tue May 18, 2021 1:51 pm

Hey Mark, always good to see you here. Our 1:43 scale hobby is dying a miserable death here in the US. No new models in years. Except ones that we cant really use, like the Greenlight Caprice. I know many of us had high hopes for it. No new Tahoe, Ford Utility or Charger for us it seems. I do see some great models coming out of Top Gear. Would be nice to see something new here. Keep in touch.
Administrator

CCFR-45

Post by CCFR-45 » Tue May 18, 2021 3:29 pm

Mark, Good to see you on the forum. Hope all is well.

Rich is right. the US market is dying off slowly but surely. I've noticed a lack of selling on ebay lately as well. The cars just are not selling like they used to.
Steven

Check Out My Photography Website Full of Police, Fire, And Aviation Pictures.
www.bluefireflight.com

Mark B

Post by Mark B » Wed May 19, 2021 12:03 am

Thank you gents. The 1/43 market is pretty slow. When Dennis finally decided to wrap things up with FRR I believe we saw the end of a company that we will never see an equal of again. It was so unique with the attention to detail and constant production line of releases. It left an un fillable void in that niche. I still don’t mind buying the odd Greenlight and Trax model. The Trax police and ambulance vehicles are all Australian, however they release two maybe three police vehicles per year. However at over 100 bucks per car, that’s good for the credit card. I love what Sergio Goldvarg is doing with his New York police line. I will even get the fully marked Buick Century even though it appears to have only ever seen the mean streets of 1970’s NY in the classic Kojak TV series. Good to see so many familiar names still keeping the fires burning in our hobby.