Code 3 Diamond Plate Philly Squirt 43

Discuss all fire, police, station, emergency vehicle collecting.
J-M

Re: Code 3 Diamond Plate Philly Squirt 43

Post by J-M » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:31 pm

I, too had my preorder cancelled for this, but did get 57 later on. I still wish I had a flawed 43 but certainly not for $800. I asked questions about this about a year ago or so, and some people with much more detailed knowledge shared about the flaws as also iterated here. The striping was wrong for sure. A few months ago there were a couple for Squirt 43s on eBay that looked like people had let their kids play with them in the sandbox ... for about 1/3 the price of these ...

J-M

Hazmat

Post by Hazmat » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:26 pm

Wow by the appearance of the 43 i really thought it wasn´t build by Code 3! Just like the 1:64 versions build by "Amercom" (obviously using the old Code 3 molds). But as previously mentioned, why didn´t they make a second run of the 57 and "simply" renumbered it. Anyway Code3 is history now, which I still find very sad!

BrianM

Post by BrianM » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:19 pm

JoeO wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:44 pm
Sure looks like the real Code 3 version to me. They did 2, 43 and 57. I am sure we have someone from the Philly area that could tell us if 43 really had the stripe and marking like the model or was it a mistake by the Code 3 factory. The real Squirt 43 had the same markings color str. 57 had the correct markings stripe color for Philly. Here's some photo's I do agree with everyone the price for a code 3 mistake is outrageous.

Well, I live in Philly and work down the street from SQURT 43. I can say for certain the Code 3 model is wrong, colors, marking etc...

To me the funny part of it is that 43 wrecked their original piece a few years ago and they are currently running in 57's old SQURT since 57 now runs with a KME with a snozzel boom...

Brian