Columbus Sutphen Platform Fire Replicas

Discuss all fire, police, station, emergency vehicle collecting.
JoeO

Columbus Sutphen Platform Fire Replicas

Post by JoeO » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 pm

Fire Replicas has out done themselves again. This truck is just amazing looking. When I first pulled it out of the box I just could not believe my eyes. Sutphen Platforms are very different from any other mid mount aerial/basket. Sutphen aerial towers have a unique L shaped corners on the box of the booms which gives is strength, this model truly captures that, the telescoping features and sections blend very well with all the cross members The high side rails are flawless, along with the climbing ladder sections. The turntable is perfect nothing was missed. One of the other impressive features are the dual nozzles and the yoke that feed them again spot on. Even inside the basket you find tools, hose lines and the control gauges which are done in decal similar to pump panels. The next thing you eyes are drawn to is the light scope which is perfectly done. The body of the SPH is spectacular again every detail captured from numbered compartments to each light, outrigger,and jack. The cab again just as perfect as the engine with the Sutphen light bezels. The pump panels look great you almost feel you could hook the LDH hose to put it in action. The truck comes with a decal sheet that will allow the collector to personalize it to a specific station, the decals were easy to put on, this one was done as ladder 10. Currently Columbus has 4 towers (10,22,23,33) with this specific ladder board which was made to include the station logo on it. Besides the numbers those station patches are also on the decal sheet. Even if you decide not to number yours the beauty of the truck still jumps out. You know when you nailed something is when the guys that work on these rigs everyday look at it and can’t find anything out of place. This is the first Sutphen SPH model ever done, I can’t wait to see the folks faces at Sutphen when they see it. I know this was a challenging project to capture the aerial features and many parts, however nothing was missed. This is a outstanding model a true must for you collection. This one is heading back to Wisconsin it was only on loan for a event here in Columbus in which it was the center of conversation. Thanks Fire Replicas for taking on the hard trucks and creating a masterpiece. This is now on the Fire Replicas page for ordering.
Attachments
before decals.jpg
before decals.jpg (116.37 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
IMG_1965.jpg
IMG_1965.jpg (80.84 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
IMG_1966.jpg
IMG_1966.jpg (83.58 KiB) Viewed 3202 times
IMG_1968 2.JPG
IMG_1968 2.JPG (80.02 KiB) Viewed 3202 times

CCFR-45

Re: Columbus Sutphen Platform Fire Replicas

Post by CCFR-45 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:23 am

Great looking truck! I wish I Could get one, but the pocket book is a little light after the 2 FDNY Rescues and the Christmas Season.

Thanks for sharing your little review!
Steven

Check Out My Photography Website Full of Police, Fire, And Aviation Pictures.
www.bluefireflight.com

kevin54

Post by kevin54 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:11 pm

Waiting for mine. Pictures look great.
Kevin

JoeO

Post by JoeO » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:24 pm

This truck is now 50% sold out.

JoeO

Post by JoeO » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:21 am

JoeO wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:24 pm
This truck is now 50% sold out.
over 60% sold out now. Should be in the states in 2 weeks.