Gravity Sucks

Discuss all fire, police, station, emergency vehicle collecting.
FireEngines

Gravity Sucks

Post by FireEngines » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:12 pm

This weekend I started the process to thin out my collection and noticed some of the parts have have fallen off the models.

Of course they did not fall anywhere near the model so I could get some idea what model they came off of. Instead they fell on the floor.

One of the worst sounds is to hear that click, click, click when you vacuum the floor.

GRAVITY SUCKS!

CCFR-45

Re: Gravity Sucks

Post by CCFR-45 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:53 pm

i hate that feeling. The feeling of having to run your fingers through the carpet searching for the small spot light or antenna that decided to take the suicide drive into the ocean of fluffy carpet. Which is then only forgotten until the vacuum provides you with an instant reminder of what that click really is....

The struggle of a collector.
Steven

Check Out My Photography Website Full of Police, Fire, And Aviation Pictures.
www.bluefireflight.com

legeros

Post by legeros » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:23 pm

One of the best things I ever did, was adding white cardboard custom-cut on the bottom of every shelf, and every case, when I display a model.

Helped immensely when a part dropped... while in the case, on the shelf. Unfortunately, all are housed in the man cave, and which has a dark, multi-colored carpet on the floor. It basically "eats" small parts.

gafireman

Post by gafireman » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:36 am

I have my collection in cases on glass shelves with sliding glass doors. The floor is fake wood, so it's not too hard too find any part that wud fall off.

Sirentoys

Post by Sirentoys » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 am

I have learned these 2 tricks.

1. When I drop something I immediately freeze and look for motion. Most times I can find the part.

2. for the times I can't a piece of cloth over the end of the vacuum does a great job preventing the small parts form getting sucked up. Stockings work even better as they let in more air.

Fire978

Post by Fire978 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:15 am

It sucks worst when you drop the lights off the rear of a pierce ladder and it bounce on the hard wood flooring.